My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She’s ninety-seven now, and we don’t know where the heck she is. -Ellen DeGeneres
Hello, everybody, my name is Julia Doherty and a very warm welcome to episode 5 of the Adventure Geek Walking Club Podcast.
IN A NUTSHELL:
- Guess the sound - this week our animal has amazing eyesight and can see up to 3 miles!
- Derek & Doreen go shopping. It's time to ditch the duffle coat.
- An interview with Pat Hipkiss. If you have dreamed about walking the Inca Trail in Peru / Machu Picchu then this interview will not disappoint.
- Education slot: This week I chat about “leave no trace” principles. Most people think this means “don’t litter”, but in fact, it means so much more than that.
- We then end the show with Janet & John’s latest antics. I love John’s optimism when they got lost and I’m digging the outfit this week!
Remember that you don’t need to take any notes as we do all that for you. Links and a full transcript of the show can be found at www.adventuregeek.co.uk/podcastEP5
See you next week!